Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wicked Wings!

We'll it's Sunday again and I have to say I like Sundays... They have no need to rush kinda feel to them.
I wanted to show you some cheeky little winged creations I made recently


This one was something similar to a an element from a class I attended with Collections Elements at SIA but I decided to have a play after seeing some of Sherry Mendoza's creations at a scrap night I attended. I used Collections Elements wings and dress form chipboard pieces, I covered the bodice with Kaisercraft flocked paper from the Gypsy Sisters collection. I then painted the wings with pearl Adirondack acrylic paint Dabber (I love these) and then I gave them 2 coats of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Tide Pool. While the wings were drying I wrapped some aqua tulle strip around the waist and used Bling to make a snake design to add some interest. I used large Zots to attach the wings to the body at the shoulder. I curved the wings to give a bit of dimension.
This could be used on a scrapbooking layout or on a card front or in a shadow box or even just as a little piece to give to a friend.



This one is a little creepy but I love it! The day I made this one - I was recovering from my operation and had just watched Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland so I may have been influenced slightly.

I used Tim Holtz Fanciful Flight Sizzix Die for the wings which I cut from scraps of cream cardstock and bookpaper for the inserts, I assembled them using glossy accents and gave them a coat of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Rustic. I also used a small bodice from Collections Elements and covered it in book paper and a coat of Glimmer Glam. I then added a head cut from a Dark Room Door Film Strip. Leave a comment and tell me what you think.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked my wicked wings

Bec

2 comments:

  1. I love the eclectic look to these. They are just adorable! The creepy one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh these are so pretty Bec. I love the Wicked Wings one the best. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete