Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cards


Hey Bloggers, I have been busy making cards from left overs. I appologise for the quality of some of the photos I had packed them in celephane before I took the photos.

Anyway - I just wanted to show you some cool tricks I used that I thought you might be interested in.


I good way to make your alphas pop if you are using patterned alphas
on patterned paper is to outline them.


One of my favourite ways to use these alphas is to spell out the words on cardstock,
trim around them and then
swipe with ink using an ink blending tool or dauber. Also a really good way to journal on your scrapbook pages.


I love these flowers - You will see a lot of them in my layouts and cards
I've explained how to make them in a previous post but wanted to tell you how to make the leaves.
I freehand cut out 3 leaf shapes from patterned paper, I scrunched them up and unscrunched them, I then sprayed them with water and scrunched them again lightly then folded down the center for the spine on with the pattern that I wanted on the outside the I inked the spine. Then I folded them back the other way, I then dried them using the heat tool which helps to give them shape as the paper shrinks a little when wet then dried. I then inked the edges I think they are effective and Easy!! Give it a go.


I don't know what brand of paper this is but it's cute.

I've inked a chipboard slide and heat embossed the whole thing twice to give it super shine before adding the Adorn it Alphas.



This is a cool technique, I embossed some acetate with the cuttlebug and an embossing folder then I painted the acetate with some acrylic paint. While the paint was still a little wet I used a paper towel to wipe it off and also rub the paint into the creases in the image.
It is a cool effect when layered against a contrasting background.



All I did here was layer paper cardstock and ribbon, add a buckle and a rubon sentiment.
Simple but effective I think.


Here is a really cool technique using clear embossing as a resist. I stamped stars around using versamark ink then I heat embossed them.
Then I used my ink blending tool to colour the background with distress ink.
The emboss resists the ink.... How good is that.



Oh I love this background. Same technique as on the canvas I posted on Tuesday.
only this time I used a glue stick and then I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam to seal it.

The stamp is from Kazzaz.


This one is really easy.... I just stamped the heart stamp from Tattered Angels with versamark then sprinkled over heat set powder and heated to melt into a glue then I sprinkled it with pink superfine glitter. So easy and so effective.



The background of this card is spritzed with Glimmermist.
I used a paper doily as a stencil.

I LOVE GLIMMERMIST!

This one was using Stampin Up Papers, Music Paper, Chipboard heart and a
button and some Organza Ribbon.


This card I made recently at a Kazzaz workshop... I love it so much I bought the stamp and am trying to get the gorgeous butterfly punch. It's the nicest one I've seen and
Kazazz have changed the shape.

:(


This is Becky Bear - Guess why I bought her!!!
She is stamped with embossing ink and embossed with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder.
You can't really see in the pic but it gives the coolest effect. And it feels a bit like sandpaper.

A really great product.... It will be available at Pages 2 Scrap soon and I will use it in my November It's all About Tim Class.



This paper is so cool for boys, I just trimmed out the robot and used a roll of cog metal tape
(I can't remember which brand it was!)
I stuck it down and sanded it lightly to give it a worn look as straight off the roll it is super shiney.
Then I outlined it to give it some dimension, I stuck on the robot using foam adhesive.



Again I trimmed out the robot and just layered him with black cardstock
and cog patterned paper
These papers are from Kaiser


These butterflies were cut out of patterned paper and stuck on to the same
paper to make 3D butterflies.


The background on this card is done using the Kaiser bubble wrap stamp....
I just used 3 different inks to ink it up before I stamped. I used light green, torquoise and brown.
Make sure you use the light colour first so you don't get dark ink on your
light ink pad and also so it shows up
when you stamp your image.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
I hope you like my cards and try some of these techniques if you haven't already.

Happy Scrappin Bec


1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! OMG Bec the cards in this post are all amazing and the ones in the previous posts are too. They're soo beautiful you, should try to sell them or somethin!!! They'res so many of them! You're very talented lovely, very impressed xxx :D

    ReplyDelete