Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Layouts from Pages 2 Scrap Retreat

This layout is of my Gorgeous Aunty Annie and her Grandson Coby. I've used Kaiser patterned paper from the Konstukt Range, Chipboard Swirls which I coloured with Tattered Angels Chalkboard and Pink Paisley Alphas all of which you can pick up at Pages 2 Scrap at Tuggerah.

This Layout is of my Sister inlaw Nerys, We were being silly one night and these great photos are the result. I love them and just had to scrap them. I've used Kaiser Dancing Jewel Papers for the mats in the back and the flowers.
I just have to tell you how to make these flowers I love them and they are so easy. All you do is punch or hand cut out 3 or 4 circles the next a little large than the one before. Distress the edges, spray with water or glimmermist, scrunch them up and un scrunch them again so they have a nice wrinkled look, dry them off with a heat tool. Layer them and use a brad or a staple to hold them all together. So easy and so effective and the more wrinkled and rough they are the better they look! Give them a go you will love them too.
I've also used chipboard which I have painted with a Pearl paint dabber. Thickers from American Crafts - I've inked over these glittery ones a bit to dull them for this layout as they were a bit bright! I've also used a Pink Paisley Pressons which I adhered to a piece of acetate before attaching to the layout for a more defined look.

OK So When I go Pink I really go PINK!!!!
This is Lilly - My little Sister (She is gorgeous)
This layout was something I wanted to try for a while. I wanted to just go nuts with all kinds of different flowers. I dragged out all my flowers that I had and pulled out anything Pink and anything that I could turn pink. I have to say - I love the result. I also love the chipboard twig with the birds - to make the birds stand out I inked them in a contrasting colour to the rest of the layout and covered them in Glossy Accents. This is a great product that you can use for all kinds of applications, best thing about it is that is self levels so you always get a smooth result - worst thing about it is that I am impatient and I always test it too early to see if it's dry - Tip from me always always always leave it overnight. You won't be sorry when you don't have fingerprints in your lovely work!!!

This Layout was a challenge at Retreat. We had some papers and some stickers and were asked to put together a layout using a sketch. This is what I came up with and even though I didn't win. I'm really happy with it.

Thanks for Stopping By.. I hope you enjoyed this post
Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment