Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pressie for my Friend Shallyn

This is a Canvas I made for my friend Shallyn
for her Birthday.
I've used paper from old books, dictonaries, music books and also some custom vintage scrapbook paper for the background
and also the new and fabulous Tim Holtz printed masking tape
(Thanks Tracey - it was a present from the girls trip to CHA in Chicago).
I used Mod Podge to stick it down and also to seal it
before adding embelishments.
To embellish I've used a Black Twiddlybits chipboard dress form and edge swirls around the Stamped poem which is a stamp from Kazzaz.


The Title "Friends" is Grungeboard Alphas inked with
Black Soot Distress Ink (Tim Holtz) and then
I embossed them with Distress Embossing Powder in Black Soot
also by Tim Holtz (I just love his products).

I used Black Pearl Bling from Kaiser to make the swirls.


The Flowers are made with random materials like denim, tulle,
papers and satin which I cut out using the
Tattered Florals die from Tim Holtz and Sizzix,
I just layered them at random biggest
to smallest and used a brad to secure.

 I just love the poem.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you picked up some ideas for your next project.
Of course most of the materials for this project were bought from Pages 2 Scrap at Tuggerah.


Bec

2 comments:

  1. I love this canvas. It is amazing what can be done without a photo. You are very talented Bec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word...........GORGEOUS! Love it Bec.

    ReplyDelete