Friday, February 25, 2011

Beautiful Backgrounds....

I've been experimenting with distress inks lately and I decided to use water colour paper to make some backgrounds, Wow I love the effect - I've used Tim Holtz distress Inks with Perfect Pearls Mist.

A non stick heat resistant craft sheet is a must for this technique.

Just rub a couple of different coloured inks straight from the pad on to your craft sheet then spritz with perfect pearls mist, place your water colour paper over the wet ink and watch the paper just soak it up! Dry the paper with your heat tool and go again and again and again until you get the look you want. Rememeber to dry your paper in between each inking... Also, by the time you get the result you want your paper may be a little warped just iron the back side of the paper to flatten it out, also a fine spray of hairspray over the card will help avoid he Perfect Pearls from transfering to your hands.


Here I have used unity stamps to stamp the butterfly tail and I just printed Happy Birthday on some card stock from my computer and cut it out, inked the edges and adhered it using foam mounting squares.



These are Unity Stamps also and I've used some left over alphas from different sets to make the sentiment! I have used the Martha Stuart Monarch Butterfly Punch for both cards.

Thanks for stopping by

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment