Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh Sew Cute....

Good Morning.............
I want to show you this cutie that I made for my little sister for Christmas, this little kit is an old opera clutch purse that I was using last year. It became pretty ratty so I bought a new wallet and of course kept the old one "just in case".
Well I thought of something to do with it

As my sister lives on a boat she is very hard to buy for so I thought a handmade gift would go down well.

I turned the clutch into a little sewing kit.....


I've just covered each side with fabric and trimmed the edge with tiny pom pom trim I added some detail at the side which is also functional - some red and white tipped pins, the dress form is painted black and heat embossed using 2 coats of ultra thick embossing powder - I wanted super high gloss on this piece, I've wrapped some cotton around the waist of the dress form an tied some charms to it (I've had these charms for years and was going to use them on a layout but I never got around to using them and they are just perfect for this) The letters are foam thickers. 

And on the inside......



I've just padded some card board inserts and covered them for the backing so they can be used as pin cusions. The little pocket at the bottom is for flat cotton spools the ribbons are just to slide things under like tape measures and patches or other habidashary type bits and bobs.

So thats it.... I'd love to hear about what you have altered lately.

Have a great Thursday.

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment